- Idea Generation (77.8%)
- Content Creation (72.4%)
- Research (53%)
- Reporting (10%)
- Monitoring (8%)
Given the widespread adoption and effectiveness of AI in these areas, we have decided to focus on them to better serve PR professionals.
In this article, we will provide you with the best ChatGPT prompts for the top 5 areas in public relations. Additionally, we will discuss the drawbacks of using ChatGPT in certain tasks and present you with an effective alternative that will save you time and enhance your outcomes.
- Disclaimer about working with ChatGPT
- How to write prompts for ChatGPT
- Top ChatGPT prompts for PR divided by types
- Drawbacks of ChatGPT for PR
- Prowly AI as a smart alternative
If you’re short on time trying to investigate the art of ChatGPT prompting for creating a press release, try Prowly’s AI Press Release Creator. This tool generates custom press releases based on real-time questions, eliminating the need to create the best AI prompts for ChatGPT manually.
Disclaimer about working with ChatGPT
1. Perform fact checking before using the content generated by ChatGPT.
In the fight against fake news and manipulation, you must verify the accuracy of AI-generated content to prevent the spread of false information. Having humans verify the reliability of AI-generated content is super important for making sure it’s legit!
2. Prioritize data security.
AI utilizes user input to enhance its machine learning process, which implies that the information you provide can potentially shape future generated content. It’s important to avoid sharing any confidential client information in ChatGPT, as whatever you input may be later shared with someone else.
Alright, now that we’ve taken all the necessary precautions, let’s jump straight into the most useful ChatGPT prompts for public relations.
How to write prompts for ChatGPT
Honestly, we experimented a lot with how to write good prompts, because we wanted to understand what value it can give to PR and public relations specialists in general. We found a few interesting thing:
- ChatGPT is already good at figuring out our intent and it will only get better.
- The secret sauce is not “to be good AI prompt writing,” it’s more about the conversational flow that you keep with the bot.
- There is no single answer to how to create AI prompts that will solve your current issue. To get the best results you can expect from a Chat Bot you need to keep the conversation moving until the moment you’re satisfied with the result. Simply request its assistance to accomplish the required task. Asking something like, “I want to write a press release about X, what do you need to know to help me?” can take you a long way.
- Forget about trying to come up with the perfect prompt. Instead, use them interactively — start by asking for something, then ask the AI to tweak or change its response. It’s all about working together with AI, rather than expecting one command to do it all. The more you play around and experiment, the better your results will be.
From our vantage point, this is both a blessing and a curse when it comes to prompt writing for AI tools like ChatGPT. Even with the best GPT prompts, you’ll likely obtain a draft version of what you require. But with your human touch, it can be primed to go live.
However, this process demands time and skills. Even after figuring it out, you may still find yourself unsatisfied with the outcomes.
Top ChatGPT prompts for PR divided by types
We collected the best prompts for ChatGPT below — they can be a good starting point.
However, the follow-up prompts are up to you based on your desired outcomes and communication goals. The result you will get is not the final version that you should use, but rather a structure or draft that can help expedite the writing process.
Keep in mind, when you use ChatGPT for press release creation, it will often contain jargon, buzzwords, and generic phrases. Journalists tend to be allergic to these and they will definitely be more interested in a press release that is written in a style unique to yours.
Since you have some extra time now, you can use it to add a personal touch, a human voice, and brush it up with your own style. We’ll talk about a smart alternative later on, just keep reading.
Meanwhile we came up with a list of good ChatGPT prompts for PR that you can use for your initial draft and research.
ChatGPT PR prompts
1. Good prompts for ChatGPT press release writing:
Product Launch Press Release:
“Help me craft a press release announcing the launch of our new product, [product name]. The release should highlight its key features, benefits, and its significance on the market.”
Company Milestone Press Release:
“Create a press release to celebrate our company’s 10th anniversary. Showcase our achievements, growth, and the impact we’ve made in the industry over the past decade.”
Partnership Announcement Press Release:
“Draft a press release to announce our strategic partnership with [partner’s name]. Emphasize the synergy between our organizations and the benefits this partnership will bring to our clients.”
Event Press Release:
“Assist me in writing a press release for our upcoming industry event. Highlight the event’s agenda, guest speakers, and why it’s a must-attend for professionals in our field.”
Research Report Press Release:
“Create a press release to promote our latest research report on [industry-specific topic]. Summarize key findings, statistics, and insights to pique media and industry interest.”
2. ChatGPT best prompts for media pitching:
Tech Product Launch Pitch to TechCrunch:
“Compose a persuasive email pitch to send to TechCrunch, introducing our upcoming product launch in the tech industry. Highlight the product’s unique features and its potential impact on the industry.”
Healthcare Event Coverage Pitch to Health Magazine:
“Craft an email pitch to “X Health Magazine”, pitching our upcoming healthcare event focused on mental health awareness. Emphasize the event’s relevance to their readers and potential for feature coverage.”
Fashion Brand Announcement Pitch to Vogue:
“Write an enticing email pitch to Vogue, introducing our luxury fashion brand’s latest collection. Showcase the collection’s unique design elements and its alignment with current fashion trends.”
Sustainable Energy Innovation Pitch to The New York Times:
“Create a compelling email pitch to The New York Times, highlighting our company’s breakthrough in sustainable energy technology. Emphasize the environmental impact and potential to reshape the energy landscape.”
Food Product Launch Pitch to Food Network:
“Develop an email pitch to Food Network, introducing our new gourmet food product line. Highlight the product’s exceptional taste, quality, and its relevance to food enthusiasts and home chefs.”
3. Best ChatGPT prompt list for crisis management:
Social Media Crisis Response:
“Develop a step-by-step crisis response plan for a potential social media crisis related to a negative customer review gone viral. Include strategies for addressing the issue, communicating with stakeholders, and reputation repair.”
Data Breach Communication Plan:
“Create a comprehensive communication plan for our organization in the event of a data breach. Outline the steps to notify affected parties, coordinate with authorities, and restore customer trust.”
Product Recall Crisis Messaging:
“Craft crisis messaging for a hypothetical product recall situation. Detail how we should communicate with affected customers, the media, and regulatory agencies to minimize damage to our brand.”
Employee Misconduct Crisis Strategy:
“Develop a crisis strategy for handling an employee misconduct scandal that has the potential to damage our company’s reputation. Include internal communication steps and external messaging.”
Natural Disaster Response Plan:
“Help us create a response plan for potential natural disasters affecting our business operations. Outline how we’ll ensure employee safety, communicate with the public, and maintain business continuity.”
4. Cool AI prompts for content ideas:
“Generate ideas for engaging PR content related to [your client or company’s industry or current trends].”
“Provide a list of trending industry topics we can create thought leadership articles around.”
“Suggest engaging social media post ideas to promote our latest client success story.”
“Help me brainstorm unique and attention-grabbing angles for our next PR campaign.”
“Help us brainstorm interactive content ideas, such as quizzes or surveys, to engage our audience.”
5. Best prompts for ChatGPT research:
“Provide a summary of the latest industry trends and statistics relevant to our client’s field.”
“Generate a list of reputable sources and studies on the topic of sustainability in our industry.”
“Compile a list of key competitors in our market and summarize their recent PR strategies.”
“Research and summarize the top industry events and conferences that our client should consider attending or sponsoring.”
“Provide insights into emerging technologies and innovations that may impact our industry in the near future.”
6. Good AI prompts for measurement and reporting:
“Create a template for monthly PR performance reports, including key metrics and insights.”
“Provide recommendations for conducting surveys and market research to gather data for PR measurement.”
“Generate a checklist for conducting post-campaign PR evaluations, including lessons learned and areas for improvement.”
“Generate a list of tools and software for monitoring and analyzing media coverage and sentiment.”
“Create a framework for measuring the success of crisis management PR efforts, including reputation recovery metrics.”
“Suggest key performance indicators (KPIs) to track for a product launch PR campaign and explain how to measure them.”
Drawbacks of ChatGPT for PR
Truth is, there are no such things as the best ChatGPT prompts for writing press releases. Crafting a press release using ChatGPT can pose a considerable challenge and here is why.
The process begins by providing ChatGPT with pro prompts, such as “Compose a press release regarding X, incorporating key messages about A, B, C, and a quote from a company representative.”
However, the next steps and improvements are contingent on the outcome. This involves thorough editing and attention to the smallest details.
ChatGPT is not a text editor, so it’s not ideal for editing, cutting bits, or changing only specific parts. It works well for social media posts where you can see the full content in a glance, but with longer text, you might get lost in the changes made.
You’ll often find yourself copy-pasting bits and pieces between multiple applications and windows.
And if you’re planning to introduce any AI solutions to your PR agency, make sure to do it ethically.
Prowly AI as a smart alternative
Draft press releases using Prowly’s AI
Prowly enables you to save time (and stop worrying about how to write an AI prompt) and streamline the press release creation process, all while maintaining a professional and personalized touch.
This tool generates custom press releases based on real-time questions, eliminating the need to create prompts for ChatGPT manually or to think about how to write good AI prompts.
- Access Prowly’s Press Release Creator
- Select “Draft with AI”
- Enter the basic details about your pitch:
- select target audience
- select the type of your press release
- pick the language
- choose a tone of voice
- Watch Prowly’s AI generate in-depth questions, mirroring a conversation with target journalists
- No need to think about how to write AI prompts. Each story is unique and not all prompts may apply to your situation. You don’t have to be good at writing AI prompts or know how to edit text perfectly. Just keep it simple and let the creativity flow!
- A conversational flow with in-depth questions generates higher quality content. Answering thought-provoking questions uncovers new aspects and relevant details for journalists. Our aim is a natural and creative ideation process, avoiding rigidity or generic input.
- No language barriers — you can easily reach out to journalists in six different languages: English (British/American), Polish, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German.
- Based on the content of your press release, Prowly AI will instantly suggest journalists that might be interested in your story and will then help you to create an email pitch.
- Prowly AI will help you to create catchy email subject lines and previews.
- The entire process – writing, finding journalist contacts, and sending emails with suggested content – seamlessly integrated into one platform. No need to switch tools or tabs, or do any copy-pasting. With fewer distractions, you can assure better quality outcomes.
The result? You will receive a thorough draft that provides a solid base for your press release. You have the freedom to edit and refine the content to make it truly unique, or use it as a starting point to spark your creativity and generate fresh ideas for your final press release.
We also prepared two guides to walk you through using the AI Press Release Generator for the best results, as well as for writing and pitching press releases with AI.
While ChatGPT is a valuable tool, it does have its limitations, particularly when it comes to prompting, editing and refining longer texts.
For more advanced PR tasks, tools like Prowly AI have the ability to answer your needs more efficiently, because they were created specifically for the task at hand. Prowly’s AI streamlines the process of creating press releases and offers a more personalized touch, eliminating the need to learn how to write good ChatGPT prompts.