In 2006, for me, it was simply about building and managing a brand’s reputation – how companies or individuals are perceived, how they perceive themselves and how any disconnect between the two can be addressed. This relied heavily on strong media relations and resulted in positive coverage in newspapers, magazines, TV and radio. Job done.
In 2016, reputations are still at the heart of PR, but the road is longer and has many more twists and turns. Today, for me, Public Relations is about the art of communicating, creating debate, shaping personalities, influencer relationships, producing quality content and owning the conversation. We also can’t ignore the rising importance of search engine optimisation as an objective in our PR campaigns.”
- What is Public Relations today & what does it mean to PR practitioners?
- What does it take to forge a successful career in Public Relations? (the skillset needed to work in Public Relations)
- How to tell your story in the most comprehensive way with the use of content marketing
- What are the top trends that PR pros should be incorporating into their own strategies? (based on top experts opinion)
- How to start your communication right & build a basic PR strategy for your business, brand or organization
- How to take your pitch to the next level by using new digital formats (based on Cannes Lions examples)
- What are things PR pros should do and what they must stop doing
- What PR & marketing influencers should you follow to become a PR master
All of it & even more you will find in our free PR Guide. Download a PDF here:
Traditional methods no longer work. As digital becomes intrinsic to PR and the communications industry diversifies into new areas measuring outcome has become more urgent than ever.
Our ultimate guide will help demystify press releases and will explore how to write a simple and effective news release without resorting to hiring a professional. You will also learn about how to distribute your press release, basic “press release etiquette”, and all about the different ways in which your press release can help your business.